Alpert Law Firm specializes in estates and trusts law, and advises and assists executors and trustees in performing their duties. Our 40 years of experience in administering estates enables us to find timely and cost-effective solutions to deal with any issues which may confront a trustee.
In addition, our tax expertise allows us to work with the estate's accountant and other professional advisors to reduce and defer taxes for both the estate and its beneficiaries.
Administering an estate can be a challenging experience. Howard Alpert, C.S. is certified by the Law Society as a Certified Specialist (Estates and Trusts Law) and a Certified Specialist (Corporate & Commercial Law). Our team's expertise and personal attention will assist you in overcoming any difficulty, and ensure you can execute your responsibilities fully and with confidence.
Our Estate Administration Services include:
- Applications to Vary Trusts
- Contested Passing of Accounts
- Dealing with Assets, Claims and Debts of Estates
- Distribution of Assets to Beneficiaries
- Elections Under the Family Law Act
- Estate and Trust Administration Advice
- Interpretation of Wills and Trusts
- Obtaining Certificates of Appointment of Estate Trustees
- Post Mortem Planning
- Property Transfers
- Removing or Replacing Trustees or Guardians
To see some of our recent decisions involving Estate Administration, please click here.
To see some of our recent newsletters on Estate Administration topics, click here.